- Lotus Elise
- Elise S3
- Lotus Elise S3 240 Sport V Weaver Carbon Fiber GT Rear Wing
Lotus Elise S3 240 Sport V Weaver Carbon Fiber GT Rear Wing
Chariot Motorsport Design
What is different?
That car has a wing on it,’ you should be picturing a high surface as you’d see on the back of an IndyCar platform. The reason that wings are used on professional race cars and other high-performance vehicles is that they need additional downforce. A rear wing will essentially catch the air coming off of the car and redirect it up so that the back of the car is pushed down. This is especially useful in a race where a driver will want to go as fast as possible around a turn.
Taking a blend of exotic and lightweight materials to produce a truly noble sports car, is considerably greater than the sum of its parts. Drawing heavily on the development of the motorsport Elise Race 250, the performance is formed through a first-class combination of intelligent engineering and advanced aerodynamics as well as a boost in engine performance. Not only the lightest ever Elise Cup, but it’s also the heaviest at speed. Key to this exceptionally high level of downforce is the wide high-mounted rear wing.
With high-speed automobiles much more common nowadays, reducing the lift coefficient to enhance stability on the road is no longer just a concern for race cars. Moreover, the present study proves that by placing wing angles on a vehicle’s aerodynamic forces. The wing relies on two main mechanisms to reduce aerodynamic drag. First, by preventing the airflow from accelerating at the leading edge of the slant section. Second, by preventing the formation of longitudinal vortices at the side edge of the slant section.
The aerodynamic lift was to decrease early linearly with the inclination angle of the race rear wing and was accompanied by the increment in aerodynamic drag. The flap angle increased the downforce and drag was increased. It was concluded that the best performance for both downforce and drag force of race rear wings has been achieved at 5 degrees angle of attack. The lower drag can reduce fuel consumption and higher downforce increases tires’ capability to produce cornering force.
- First-ever adaptation of hypercar-graded carbon fiber in Lotus part
- Approx. net dimension 130cm x 15cm x 30cm
- Highly recognizable design unmatched by rivals
- Match the mounting opening used for OEM
- Showcase of Lotus’ motorsport pedigree both on track and road
- special profile motorsport grade weight approx. ５kg
- Other OBM Designed for
- Elise US Model
- Elise Cup 220
- Elise Sport, Sport 220
- Elise Cup 250 (lotuscaqrs.com)
- Elise Cup 260
- Elise Sprint
- Elise Sport 240
- All carbon item comes in smooth, glossy surface finishing that’s ready for installation.
- Professional installation is required. The picture shown is for illustration purposes only. The actual product may vary due to product enhancement. Modification of parts is required to ensure proper fitment. Test fit all Body Kit parts before any modification or painting.
- We can custom carbon weave & pattern for you. For example, twill or plain weave, yellow/red/Blue kevlar, forge carbon & honeycomb, etc.
- We can construct your custom style and design for Exige, Evora & Elise.
- These products are intended for off-road or track use only unless your local and state laws state otherwise.
- NOTES: All these handcrafted products might need minor adjustment while fitting recommends a professional body shop for installation.
- TIPS FOR All Customers:
- For carbon fiber items, it is glossy UV protected with a 3K twill weave.
- For matte carbon fiber items, it is matte finished.
- Due to the handcrafted product, it is needed minor adjustment while fitting.
- Installation by a professional body is highly recommended.