The molding process uses the characteristics of each stage in the resin curing reaction to realise the product molding, that is, the molding material plasticizes, flows, and fills the mold cavity, and the resin is cured.
In the process of filling the mold cavity with the molding material, not only the resin flows, but also the reinforcing material flows, Therefore, the molding pressure of the molding process is higher than that of other wet carbon vacuum processes, which belongs to high-pressure molding.
Therefore, it needs not only a hydraulic press that can control the pressure but also a metal die with high strength, high precision, and high-temperature resistance It is mainly used as structural parts, connecting parts, protective parts, and electrical insulating parts. It is widely used in the field of the composite industry.
(1) quality defect(usually 2% ~ 5% defect rate ).
(2) The internal stress of the product is very low, the warpage deformation is also very small, and the mechanical properties are relatively stable.
(3) The wear of the die cavity is very small, and the maintenance cost of the die is low.
(4) The cost of molding equipment is low, its mold structure is simple, and the manufacturing cost is usually lower than that of injection mold or transfer molding mold.
(5) Large flat products can be formed. The size of the products that can be formed by molding is only determined by the clamping force of the existing molding machine and the size of the template.
(6) A mold with a large number of cavities can be placed on a given template, with high productivity.
(7) It can adapt to automatic feeding and automatic taking out of products.
(8) High production efficiency, easy to realize professional and automatic production.
(9) For the tail wing and other products, the problem of a thick clamping line caused by the traditional process of clamping can be solved by molding
(10) Mass production, relatively low price. It solves the pain point of the low production capacity of carbon fiber products, and a mold can produce 8-16 products a day.
(1) The mold structure in the whole manufacturing process is complex, which is higher than the traditional carbon fiber mold
(2) It is not suitable for molding complex products with depressions, side slopes, or small holes.
(3) In the manufacturing process, it is difficult to fully fill the mold, and there are certain technical requirements
(4) For products with high dimensional accuracy requirements (especially for multi-cavity molds), the process is somewhat short.
(5) Finally, the flash of the product is thick, and the workload of removing the flash is large. Inspection tools must be used